7.19.2011

Back... again...?

So I'm sorry for not updating in a while. Maybe it was the fact that my three years of torture- excuse me, middle school finally ended and I was half celebrating, half freaking out about high school. Maybe it's the fact that my blind cat passed away. Maybe it's the fact I was on a five-week vacation with my cousins, came back for a week, and am currently on a two-week vacation. Or maybe it's the fact that I'm jsut a lazy teenager.

But you know whatever.

Let's see if I can explain everything in further detail...

Eighth grade ended almost two months ago, and it was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life. There are twelve high schools in my city, so many friend clusters were being split up. None of my friends are heading to the school I'm going to. I had to watch the most (arguably) popular couple in the school have to say goodbye for the last time, and that was almost enough to make my start bawling like a baby.

And then, I went to a horse camp for kids with... um... "disabilities..." I was worried I'd be lumped in with a bunch of severely affected kids who needed help just functioning, but turns out most of the kids had very mild problems, like ADHD.

Came home from horse camp one day, and found that my mom had decided to put our fifteen-year-old cat down. He'd been declining for a few days, and when she couldn't use his legs at all, she decided enough was enough and took him to the vet. He'd been fighting with hypertension and blindness for a while and at least he didn't have to suffer anymore...

Then we were headed off to Florida with my cousins in tow for a two week long trip to Walt Disney World and Tampa. I've been to Disney World more than enough times (21 times, I kid you not) but seeing them see the parks for the first time together was very fun. One of them was only five years old and was infatuated with princesses and the whatnot, so seeing her face light up when she saw Sleeping Beauty for the first time was priceless.

We were going to head back to our home, but my grandma said one of us could come to her house for two weeks. My thought process went something like two weeks - mother = sign me up. There was a flood in St. Louis, however, and my grandpa, who works on a farm, had to work even more to make sure none of the machinery and plants had been ruined in the water. So the trip was extended to three weeks. Not like I had a problem with that or anything...

And now we're in Dahlonega or however you spell the name of the town in Northern Georgia, heading up to North Carolina for two weeks to see some of my dad's old friends, then my uncle, and finally my old friend who moved away nearly two years ago. Happeh times.

Also, one of my mom's high school friends just won a 22K lottery. Hurrah and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep. BEEP